Thursday 29 March 2012

Evaluation Question 3

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

The type of media institution which might distribute my magazine would be Harris Publications inc as they are the distributors of XXL magazine which i gained my inspiration from. Reason why Harris Publications Inc would be suited to distributing my magazine include the twinned genre and audience of XXL  would mean that my media product would be equally as successful, if not more. My magazine focuses mainly on US artists as they are the prime artists in Rap, Harris Publications Inc i s an American company which gives further reason why the would distribute my magazine. I feel that Harris Publications have a history for Distributing on magazines such as O.G and would benefit from it being in its company. Although there is already a successful hip hop magazine under its belt (XXL) i feel my magazine would differ in a way to attract a different audience, as my magazine focuses on old school rap which features of new school alternative. Rather than just focusing on current superstars fans will be able to see past stars and comebacks that artists are planning to make.  Harris Publications inc would be the best distribute for my magazine as they have been around since the late 70's this ensures that they would know a successful magazine when they see one and would edit the magazine if they thought it had potential to be successful.


Circulation types have to come into play when deciding on the publication of my magazine, free,controlled and paid circulation are the different types. Out of all of them the main one used by most magazines such as XXL is Paid as this means there is one price that the consumer pays with he exception of discount with subscription. I feel this would be the best for my magazine as the consumer is more likely to buy a magazine that is good value and holds its value rather than a magazine priced according to success of its company. Harris publications would distribute my magazine with a paid circulation, of a price of £4.00 which would be about right. A discount would be offered for a longer subscription as this locks the consumer in to enable more sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment