Thursday 29 March 2012

Evaluation Question 5

How did you attract or address your audience?

The target audience for my magazine was teenagers and young adults typically between the age of 16- to late 30's. It was also directly aimed at a male audience however i feature female artists on my contents page, so a female audience would not be far off. I have achieved all the aspects mentioned by using different techniques to ensure that my magazine was constantly showing signs  to attract its audience. Firstly i featured a make that was in the prime age for hip hop as well as wearing what could be established as my Target audiences desired wardrobe, i tried to make the model  an inspiration for my target audience, someone that they would coo, as i did this myself with a few artists i have read about. I also addressed my audience by using language that would connect with them, as well as ensure that they fully understood areas in my magazine.Another feature on my cover which would attract my audience is the banner at the top which says win tickets to Wu Tang Clan which address my reader as they should  be interested in this group if they are reading my magazine as they a a famous old school rap group.

My contents page would firstly attract my audience as it uses interesting article tag lines such as 'Its a new genration' which would give the reader insight as to what exactly the magazine is all about. My picture on the contents page is the main feature that would attract my audience as it is showing my artist point out to the reader, which is directly addressing the reader to read the artists article, it is almost calling them out, which  conform as to the stereotype of an Urban gangster. Another feature on the contents page which attracts My audience it the typograpahy and positioning of text, ads it is left aligned the reader will see it first hand which gains their intrest to reader the whole page and find out what the magazine is about,also as i have mentioned before the tile of my contents page would address the reader as it is asking them a rhetorical question 'What's Popin'' which is almost asking the reader whats happening?.

My double page article is the weakest point in my magazine for attracting an audience as there is only so much you can do, i have captured a picture which i personally feel Will attract my audience as it is unusual compared to my cover photo of him portraying a gangster.My article itself could attract my target audience as it uses polysyllabic words and complex vocabulary which matches my reading age for the magazine, however it still uses simple sentence structures to ensure information is processed but the reader, the colours of text on the page also would attract my typical reader because they contrast.













Overall i have addressed my audience in different ways, and attracted them though colours language and photography, however other features that are not commonly mentioned would effect the need of my magazine to my target audience, such a Price, i feel that £4.00 is reasonable considering it is an 80 page magazine, also considering the artist mentioned, the opportunity to win tickets of a £40 pound value, i would say it is substantial. Another feature is availability as it is a US artist based magazine it would commonly be expensive to buy in the UK due to shipping, tax charges, however since it is UK made it would cut out on a lot of costs making it more favourable to the reader as it is a good price.

No comments:

Post a Comment